Here’s the top 5 videos that we featured on our music video tumblelog, Seen Your Video during the month of February.
The Oscars are this weekend and here are my predictions! If you’re interested in my favorite films of the year, that list is here.
This is toss-up for me between 12 Years a Slave and Gravity, but if I had to guess I’d say Gravity edges it out.
I’d prefer Chiwetel or Leo, but Matthew McConaughey will probably take it (though I’d prefer to imagine he’s winning for his amazing performance in True Detective instead).
Amy Adams deserves an Oscar win, but this is a pretty sure thing for Cate Blanchett.
Best Supporting Actor
My pick would be Michael Fassbender all the way, but I’ll go with the consensus and say Jared Leto will take it.
Best Supporting Actress
This is very close between J-Law and Lupita Nyong’o, but I think Jennifer Lawrence is the best bet.
This is an easy one, Alfonso Cuaron deserves it and will most likely win.
Best Original Screenplay
I could see American Hustle stealing but i think Spike Jonze should and will win for Her.
Best Adapted Screenplay
This one could go a few different ways but I think 12 Years A Slave is most likely.
In the past year, there’s been a lot of great film/music combos like Arcade Fire’s contributions to Her, Youth Lagoon in The Kings of Summer, and David Bowie in Frances Ha. It’s not always the case that great songs make their way into great films though, so I’ve made a list of some of my favorite tracks featured in really bad films.
Usually when you see lists similar to this on the internet it includes movies like Garden State and Romeo + Juliet, which were actually critically acclaimed (86% and 72% Rotten Tomatoes score, respectively). I only picked songs from movies that were legitimately awful (with links to their RT scores to prove it). Listen to this mix on Spotify.
01. The Flaming Lips - I Was Zapped By The Super Luck Rainbow (from Good Luck Chuck)
02. Cults - Go Outside (from The Sitter)
03. Grizzly Bear - Slow Life w/ Victoria Legrand (from Twilight: New Moon)
04. Belle & Sebastian - If She Wants Me (from The Ringer)
05. M83 - Graveyard Girl (from The Last Song)
06. Ryan Adams - Come Pick Me Up (from Elizabethtown)
07. Phoenix - Too Young (from Shallow Hal)
08. Beirut - Santa Fe (from The Counselor)
09. Wilco - Kamera (from A Guy Thing)
10. Interpol - Roland (from House of Wax)
11. The Hold Steady - Stuck Between Stations (from The Nanny Diaries)
12. Eels - Blinking Lights (from Yes Man)
13. Rilo Kiley - I Never (from Must Love Dogs)
14. LCD Soundsystem - Big Ideas (from 21)
15. The Replacements - Unsatisfied (from Airheads)
16. Kanye West - Monster (from The Hangover Part II)
17. Broken Social Scene - Lover’s Spit (from Wicker Park)
18. Nick Cave - Let It Be (from I Am Sam)